Six simple rituals:
1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh.
2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete.
3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task and do more faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water.
4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress.
5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, think of at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things.
6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?”"
— (via blairwitchwaldorf)
lately ive been feeling rly inspired to change my perspective on life and way of thinking. for the past 8 months or so ive been feeling very low, emotional, tired, and sad and ive been lacking the motivation to do well in school and more importantly take care of myself and my body. all i did was cry and complain and lose myself in my own negativity but after stumbling upon so many positive posts on tumblr about learning to love, be comfortable, and be happy w yourself, as well as joanna kuchta (i know shes like the latest trend now or w/e but i honestly look up to her bc of her positive msgs), ive come to realize that i cant keep going on like this and that i need to make changes for myself bc things wont get better unless i put in the effort.
so here are some things i am planning to do/change abt myself for the better:
i know this is all easier said than done and it wont happen overnight and some of these things idek how i will make happen but i will try my best and take baby steps toward thinking positively, gaining self confidence, and loving and taking care of myself bc i deserve it!!!